Tintri builds storage. Those three words may not light your hair on fire … but it’s lighting up our customers’ lives. They are all excited about the agility of public cloud—AWS, Azure, etc.—and Tintri puts all that agility right inside their data centers. That’s no small feat. To deliver on that promise, we had to build an all-flash architecture that is completely distinct from legacy solutions—using a building block approach akin to public cloud. And it’s just one signal that at Tintri, employees get to work on projects that are well … unconventional, challenging and high impact.
The desire to stand apart has also helped Tintri get noticed. CDW is the biggest reseller in the business—we were just named their Partner of the Year. In both Gartner Magic Quadrants covering our space we’re recognized as a Visionary. And we’re growing: more than 1,000 organizations—including 20% of the Fortune 100—trust Tintri. Please consider trusting the next stage of your career to Tintri, too.
This role is located in Mountain View, Ca. Local or relocating candidates only
This is a leadership position reporting to the VP of Global Support Services. Extensive management experience in a rapidly growing and constantly evolving environment is required. The incumbent is responsible for building and leading a highly effective team of technical support staff in Americas. S/he will bring a wealth of technical and support management experience to the role. S/he will be responsible for providing overall leadership and direction for the technical support engineers (TSEs). S/he is tasked with building an environment based on industry best practices in support processes, tools and systems aimed at delivering best in class customer experience. This will be accomplished by
- Developing and communicating an accurate point of view on the industry standard capabilities, competitive capabilities and meaning of best in class
- Collaborating and driving the implementation of the right processes, tools & systems for the business
- Hiring top notch talent, mentoring and motivating them, and
- Monitoring and optimizing critical business metrics and processes.
Responsibilities include managing front line TSEs to resolve customer issues and collaborating with engineering on technical escalations. A working knowledge of virtualization and storage systems is a must.
- Defines & specifies processes, tools & systems used in customer support function. Ensures current processes are in-line with industry standards, trends and practices and are cost competitive.
- Collaborates with other leaders within Tintri to develop & implement process improvements, customer support policies, strategic plans & objectives.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, showing confidence, and developing credibility with the sales organization, as well as the customers.
- Provides overall guidance and direction to TSEs for full range of technical issues and problems, including the most complex situations that require in-depth technical knowledge and expertise.
- Day to day management of the TSEs including scheduling, work plans, staffing, performance management and development of employees
- Accountable for operational performance and results of TSEs as measured by KPI’s (e.g. industry standard & custom metrics, customer satisfaction and budget/expenses).
- Manages the coordination, implementation, administration and execution of technical support programs, including personnel, communications, product transitions and performance metrics/standards. Ensures that technical support programs are sound, current and able to support upgrades and new product releases
- Participates in short and long term planning for assigned area (e.g. capacity, systems implementations and product transitions).
- Ensures that all issues are escalated and communicated as appropriate in accordance with policy and procedures including providing an early warning of potential issues and plan to mitigate/avoid.
- Accountable for technical support meeting internal and external needs & expectations, operating efficiently and cost effectively.
- Interacts seamlessly with executive level management within Tintri and customer companies requiring negotiation and influence on matters of significance. Leading all aspects of escalation management and tiger teams.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Outstanding leadership skills and sound judgment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working within a global environment supporting multiple regions and time zones.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment, drive innovation and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable growth.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to manage a large number of tasks concurrently and prioritize effectively.
- Team Player, flexible and collaborative.
- Articulate and dead-line oriented.
- Must be able to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.